The Winden Nuclear Power Plant is an electrical power station located in the town of Winden, where it is the largest employer and dominates the landscape.
- Bernd Doppler (director, 1953–1986)
- Helge Doppler (cleaner, 1986)
- Hannah Kahnwald (personal masseuse in 2019)
- Jürgen Obendorf, father of Erik Obendorf (part-time driver, 2019)
- Aleksander Tiedemann (director in 2019)
- Claudia Tiedemann (director in 1986)
- Bernd Doppler inaugrates the effort to erect the plant.
- The bodies of two boys were discovered at the construction site, which Bernd believes were placed there by rival coal plant operators to sabotage the project.
- Construction of the plant begins after passage of the Atomic Energy Act (Atomgesetz).
- The Chernobyl disaster in April sends radioactive fallout over Europe, including Winden.
- During the summer, an explosion at the plant occurs causing a small leak of radioactive waste. The accident was kept secret. Barrels containing the nuclear waste from the accident are illegally stored inside the Winden Caves.
- In November, Claudia Tiedemann becomes the head of the nuclear plant. Bernd informs her of the accident, and Claudia discovers the secret waste stash.
- Aleksander Tiedemann is employed by Claudia to build a door in the caves.
- Aleksander is the director of the plant, and employs Hannah Kahnwald as a masseuse.
- Aleksander denies Ulrich Nielsen access to the plant; Ulrich had wished to confront Jürgen Obendorf. The police later obtain a search warrant.
- Although its operation has been trouble-free for the past 33 years, the plant is scheduled to be shut down in 2020 amidst the federal government's phaseout of nuclear energy.
- The power plant is no more, and the site is a ruin.