When headed by Bernd Doppler, the family appears to have been quite wealthy and prominent. Bernd was the force behind the development of the Winden Nuclear Power Plant and later its long-serving director. He, his wife Greta, and their son Helge lived in a palatial manor that later became the Waldhotel Winden.
Helge may not have been Bernd's biological son, as Greta makes comments that he was unintended, and she is stern and unaffectionate towards him. From some combination of this, intellectual disability, and/or trauma or injury from Ulrich Nielsen's attack on him in 1953, Helge never reached the heights of his father's achievements, and worked as a janitor in the same plant. There he was exploited by Noah, and an accomplice to his kidnappings and experiments.
Helge did become father to Peter, although Peter's mother has never been identified. Peter moved to Winden in 1987 and grew up to become a therapist there. He married the orphan Charlotte Doppler, who had been raised by clockmaker H.G. Tannhaus, and they had two daughters, Franziska and Elisabeth. Paradoxically, Elisabeth was found to be both Charlotte's daughter and her mother, by Noah, thus linking the Doppler and Nielsen clans, and through them the Kahnwalds as well.
Doppler means doubler in German.
- Doppler family manor (Bernd, Greta Helge; 1950s-1980s) | (Bernd, Greta?; 1980s-Unknown)
- Doppler family shack (Helge, Peter?; 1980s-Unknown)
- Doppler family home (Peter, Charlotte, Franziska, Elisabeth; 2000s-2020)
- Retirement home (Helge; 2000s-2019)
- Tauber family home (Erna, Agnes Nielsen, Noah; 1921-unknown)
- Church and graveyard (Young Noah, Adult Noah, Adult Agnes; 1921-unknown)
- Unknown home (Noah, Elisabeth, Charlotte; Unknown years)
The following is a family tree representing the Doppler Family.
|Bernd Doppler||Greta Doppler||Erna|
|Helge Doppler||Unknown||Elisabeth Doppler||Noah||Agnes Nielsen (see Nielsen family)|
|Peter Doppler||Charlotte Doppler|
|Franziska Doppler||Elisabeth Doppler||Noah|